Quantifiable New Year’s resolutionJanuary 2, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments
This blog entry is about my New Year’s resolution. It’s personal, quantifiable and kind of random. But I just happen to like numbers and targets. So here it is in no particular order:
- 400 LinkedIn contacts. I’m at 370 right now, so that shouldn’t be too difficult
- I want to read 50 books. About one book per week. You can see my books on LibraryThing.
- Three publications on subjects like Agile project management, software metrics, etc. This could be a tough one. The only publication I did last year was with Jeff Sutherland on Fully Distributed Scrum. You can still find it here.
- I want to run 80 times my usual track of 10 km. Also a tough one. It’s easy to run this distance but I will need to find/invest some time here.
- Make 2 GIMP# releases
- Learn 2 new programming languages. At the moment Clojure and Objective-C are on my list, but that might still change. Suggestions are welcome!
- 150 followers on Twitter. You can find me as @mauritsrijk. At the moment 65 people seem to be more or less interested on what I’m doing all day long.
- And finally I want to push the number of average readers on my blog from about 50 currently to 100 a day. Updating my blog now and then certainly seems to help 🙂
Happy 2010 everyone!